Who We Are
FONNOR was formed on October 3, 2013, due to the interest of the Mexican Fund for the Conservation of Nature (FMCN) in having a regional ally to contribute to the conservation of nature.
It was founded by Gabriela Anaya, Cecilia Blasco and Héctor Reyes. FONNOR was established to provide financial, administrative, and technical support to projects for the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in northwestern Mexico.
FONNOR has had a long history of building strong partnerships with civil society organizations, public and private sectors, and academia. It has also been part of the Mexican Network of Environmental Funds (RedFAM in Spanish) since it was created in 2019.
Our Guiding Principles
- Collaboration: Collectively participating for a common purpose to benefit the entire FONNOR team and our partners.
- Honesty: Acting ethically, honestly, and consistently in all circumstances.
- Transparency: Being accountable, guaranteeing free access to the organization’s information of public interest, and ensuring that such information is truthful, accurate, and timely.
- Respect: Accepting the diversity of opinions, suggestions, customs, beliefs, gender, and sexual orientation of the work team and our partners.
- Commitment: Contributing to achieving FONNOR’s mission and seeking environmental, social, and economic balance.
- Gender Equality and Non-Discrimination: See Letter of Commitment.
Board of Directors
Carlos Castillo Sánchez
Lydia Lozano Angulo
Héctor Reyes Bonilla
Alfonso Aguirre Muñoz
Eduardo Santana Castellón
Georgina Rodríguez Martínez
Ileana Espejel Carbajal
Ernesto Bermejo Jiménez
We are 14 nature lovers who believe that we can generate positive environmental change through collaborative work with communities and other civil society organizations.
Paola Bauche Petersen
Carolina Salinas García
Ana Cristina Nieto Enrigue
Sustainable Production Officer
Marina Álvarez Cisneros
Velna Mayoral Benoit
María de Jesús Garibay Campos
Kathia Contreras Pacheco
Monitoring and Safeguards Technical Asistant
Mauricio Ortega Flores